Isn’t it about time you incorporated video into your recognition programs? After all, everybody else seems to be doing so.
Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg implied this when he said, “Video is a critical part of the future. It’s what our community wants, and as long as we can make it social, I think it will end up being a large part of our business as well.”
Check out these statistics:
- In 2019, Wyzowl found that 63% of businesses were using video as a marketing tool. By the start of 2018, that had risen to 81%. Now, as we arrive in 2019, the number has increased again to 87%. (Wyzowl)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer Internet traffic—15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined. (G2 Crowd)
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Wistia)
- 83% of marketers would increase their reliance on video as a strategy if there were no obstacles like time, resources, and budget. (Buffer)
Using video in your online recognition programs is the next best thing to being there in person.
How Video Can Be Incorporated Into Recognition Programs
In Social Recognition Programs you usually have the option to send a text-based messages into a newsfeed display for everyone to see, or to send a selected e-card with an accompanying message of recognition. Peers usually add their Likes button clicks or add a comment to extend the acknowledgment or praise.
Now, features are available where you can click on the camera button and record a short expression of recognition through video. Use your computers’ built in camera or use the mobile version of your program through your smartphone camera to send a personal recognition.
For Milestone Anniversary Programs you can add photos and comments from friends and work colleagues from across the company. You can even send them and invite to be included. This can be sent to the honoree digitally or with enough planning it can be printed into a keepsake book.
While you can still write up your more formal acknowledgment of an individual’s milestone anniversary, you can accompany it with a video recalling a special memory in working with them. These can then be hosted on the website as an anniversary page for that individual. It becomes a place where they go and play back the short videos. They will love to share these pages with family members and friends.
In your Performance Recognition Programs using video is a powerful way to commend and celebrate an employee for their above and beyond performance. A text message acknowledging someone is great but video has far more reach and people want to share video more often. From consumer research they found over two-thirds (68%) said a short video was better and way ahead of text-based [content].
Rideau’s Recognition programs incorporate video messaging in our new recognition platform. It certainly appears to be the sign of the times.
Recognition Reflection: Do you use video in your recognition programs to convey higher value recognition messaging to employees?
Join our blog newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest blog content by email.